Other major initiatives
Two Day Awareness Workshop for candidates aspiring to contest for Telangana Gram Panchayat elections.
On behalf of JD foundation, we are organizing a 2 day Awareness workshop on 6th and 7th January, 2019 for Candidates interested to contest in the Telangana elections 2019.
Around 250 candidates participated in the workshop, around 50 of them have contested and 13 of them have been elected.
To address the participants of the workshop, we invited various people behind India’s best model villages, authorities from National Institute of Rural Development, Various Representatives from Non-Governmental Organizations and Societies working in Villages and Ex- Sarpanches.
List of speakers included,
- Shri Praveen Reddy(President, Mulkanoor Cooperative Society and Rural Bank)
- Shri Kusam Rajamouli (Man behind Gangadevapalli Model Village),
- Kumari Bhakti Sharma, India’s youngest female Sarpanch, Bharkedi Abdulla, Madhya Pradesh.
- Konda Vishweshwar Reddy (Then Member of Parliament, Chevella) and many other subject experts
- Mr. Sreeramulu Shankarayyya, Resource Person, National Institute of Rural Development.
- Prof. K. Nageshwar, Political Analyst.
- Lakshmi Narasimha Ikkurthi, Founder, Yazali Farmers Producers Company.
- Shri Kiran Kumar Reddy, Ex- Sarpanch, Akkampeta, Nellore among others
Activities at Deshapatrunipalem:
- JD Foundation Donated Books to Deshapatrunipalem Village Library.
- JD Foundation also aims to establish livelihood units in the village to create job
Felicitation to Farmers
- Eruvaaka Pournami is celebrated to mark the preparation of the farm lands and readiness of the farmers for the sowing season.
- JD Foundation felicitated farmers of various regions in both the Telugu states on the occasion of Eruvaaka Pournami.
Financial Support for a heart surgery for a 9 month old kid.
- 9 month old Vihan suffered from a serious heart issue and needed a heart surgery. His parents were not in a position to pay for the treatment and approached Jd Foundation for help.
JD Foundation chairman Mr. Lakshmi Narayana spoke to the management of Rainbow Children’s Hospital to reduce the cost of surgery from 4.7 Lakh Rupees to 3.2 Lakh rupees.
Even that amount was huge for the family. Hence Join for Development Foundation paid 2.5 Lakh rupees for the surgery and the remaining amount was taken care by his father, Mr. Mani Shankar.
Fopple Drone Tech Pvt. Ltd
JD Foundation provided an interest free loan of 10 lakh Rupees to Fopple Drone Tech Pvt. Ltd which is trying to solve the health issues of farmers by making drones which can spray pesticides and fertilizers.
Think Peace – Tribal Sports.
An MOU has been signed with Think Peace Organisation to engage in and collaborate for social development programs for the benefit of the tribal inhabitants of Andhra Pradesh. JD Foundation and Think Peace collaborate on
Preparing village manifestos for the villages based in the Araku region
Promoting tribal sports in the Araku region, specifically those who are participating in the TATA Mumbai marathon 2019.
Support to NGOs
Sai Shanthi Sahaya Seva Samithi
To support two children for their education at Sadasiva High School, A.S. Rao Nagar.